At the root of Thrive School, Host Homes are the reason the program is able to run to it's fullest capacity. Host Homes are also the reason why hundreds of students have been able to grow and have an impact in the Kingdom of God. We understand hosting can be a bit confusing, and scary.
Here are some of our most frequently asked questions:
WHAT DOES A HOST HOME PROVIDE?
- A separate bedroom for the student (although two students can share a room, with separate beds in the room)
- A bathroom (students can share a bathroom with other family members)
- Access to a washer and dryer
- Access to a kitchen and stocked pantry so that the students can pack lunches and have snacks at home (Students will need food for making their meals at home or for packing their lunches.)
- Space for each student to park their car
DO STUDENTS HAVE THEIR OWN TRANSPORTATION?
The students are responsible for their own transportation. In the rare case a student does not have a car, they are placed with another student who they will carpool with. The host home is never asked to drive a student.
The students are rarely home for sit-down meals. Part of our goal is for the students is to learn independence, so having food in the cupboard and fridge for them to make their own meal is perfect.