HOST HOME PROGRAM
The Host Home program is a crucial part of Thrive School. In short, Bayside families like yours open a spare bedroom (and fridge) to a Thrive School student for a school year. In fact, many of our students are only financially able to pursue their ministry goals because of the generosity of Host families.
One of the best parts about the Thrive School program is the multifaceted approach to growth. Students learn in classrooms, Bible studies, one-on-one mentoring, accountability groups, while on retreats, working in Bayside ministries, and especially at home! You may have seen in your own life that many lessons are learned as a part of the daily routine - a passing conversation, sitting around the table, or watching a movie on the couch can all be moments God uses to change someone’s perspective. By partnering with us as a part of the Host Home program, your family becomes a real part of this growth process for our students.
Just take a look at the role these students' host home families played in their spiritual development!
So, what does this program look like?
A family from Bayside opens their home to one or more Thrive School students for the school year - August through May. This is a ten month commitment.
What do families provide?
- A separate bedroom for the student (although two students can share a room, with separate beds in the room) with bedding.
- A bathroom (students can share a bathroom with other family members)
- Access to a washer and dryer
- Meals (while students may be able to join your family for some meals every week, they will also be gone several nights of the week because of their internship responsibilities)
- Access to a kitchen and stocked pantry (so that the students can pack lunches and have snacks at home)
- Space for each student to park their car
What do students bring?
- Bathroom toiletries & personal items (shampoo, hair product, toothpaste, etc.)
- Clothes & personal affects
- Any personal "specialty food" items (protein powder, artisanal coffee, caviar, etc.)
If you think this could be a good fit for your family, or have some specific questions, click the button below to connect with our staff.